HDS Foundation Smile Fund Guidelines
The HDS Foundation Smile Fund supports organizations that offer innovative and collaborative outreach programs to improve oral health in Hawaii. The Smile Fund is intended to support oral health-related projects with up to $5,000.
Projects must be related to improving oral health in Hawaii. Special consideration will be given to projects that focus on the HDS Foundation’s oral health initiatives:
- Dentist by One
- Seal Away Decay
- Kupuna Smiles
To be eligible for funding, an organization must be a charity with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Governmental programs are also eligible.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, as long as funds are available.
The Smile Fund will not be awarded to:
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Research projects
- Organizations that discriminate by race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and expression, age, disability, veteran status or national origin.
- Operational expenses for United Way Organizations
- Fundraising events
- The Smile Fund is limited to a maximum of $5,000 per grant.
- Projects should be completed within 12 months from the distribution of funds.
- Grantees may apply for a Smile Fund once per calendar year.
- The Smile Fund cannot be used for salaries or benefits.
- The Smile Fund cannot be requested for projects related to other HDS Foundation grants received during the same year.
- Internal Revenue Service determination letter of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status