What emergency services are provided?
Dentists can provide emergency dental care that addresses conditions causing severe dental pain, tissue trauma, uncontrolled bleeding, bacterial infection or affecting your ability to chew or breathe. Example conditions are:
- Trauma involving facial bones
- Injuries resulting in tooth loss, broken or fractured teeth
- Broken crowns, fillings, implants, dentures, or orthodontic wiring or appliances that are causing pain, tissue trauma, bleeding, bacterial infection, or affecting your ability to chew
- Abnormal tissue requiring an oral biopsy
- Inflammation of the gums or dry socket following oral surgery
- Removal of stitches
For more detail on emergency dental services, view the ADA Dental Emergency Procedures Guide.
Stay healthy and safe.
If you seek emergency dental care, please contact your dentist FIRST to minimize the burden on primary care physicians and emergency rooms.
HDS is here for you.
HDS recommends patients contact their dentists or dental office for availability to evaluate and provide treatment. If you’re not able to reach your dentist or need to find a specialist, our HDS Customer Service team is ready to serve you:
Phone: (808) 529-9248 or toll-free 1-844-379-4325
Call center hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. HST.